J2534 Off-Board Reprogramming Add-On
EASE J2534 Pass-Thru GM, Ford & Chrysler Powertrain Off-board Reprogramming Add-On
Requires: EASE Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 compatible device and Vehicle OEM data subscription(s)
Reprogram GM, Ford and Chrysler powertrain (PCM/ECM) vehicle controllers on your bench top with your EASE Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 compliant device.
Perform J2534 pass thru programming of Chrysler, Ford and GM Vehicle Controllers on Your Bench Top
To program a vehicle controller out of the vehicle you need to connect to the data, power and ground pins in the controller's connector. This sounds difficult since there are many different controllers, connectors and pin out diagrams. EASE created the Off-Board J2534 Reprogramming add-on for J2534 compliant devices to make this job easier. Based on vehicle selection, the included software designates which off-board cable to use and provides the wiring diagram you need to ensure a successful reprogramming event.
Notice we said easier and not easy; that’s why the cables are labeled Advanced. J2534 programming off-board is not for the beginner.
Use for your shop's convenience and to provide a billable service to other shops in your area
In addition to using this off board J2534 programming cable set for your own shop’s convenience, you can use it to add a new revenue stream to your business. Other shops without J2534 reprogramming capability in your area can bring their J2534 compliant controllers to you for reprogramming instead of the dealer.
The EASE Off-Board J2534 reprogramming add-on allows you to reprogram GM, Ford & Chrysler powertrain (PCM/ECM) controllers out of the vehicle.
This cable set works with the EASE Universal Reprogrammer II and most other J2534 compliant reprogrammers. With this add on and an OEM data subscription, you can reprogram supported 1996+ GM, Ford and Chrysler powertrain (PCM/ECM) flash reprogrammable controllers out of the vehicle.
Software designates which off-board cable to use and provides wiring diagram you need.
The add-consists of off board reprogramming cables, an adapter box and cable selection software. Based on the vehicle controller you are going to reprogram, the software provides a wiring diagram that shows which off-board cable to use...
... and provides the wiring diagram that shows what pins need to be connected on the vehicles controller.
This add-on includes three GM off-board cables, one Ford Off-board cable and two Chrysler off-board cables, Off-board Reprogramming Adapter box, EASE Off-Board Cable Selection Software - Version 10, power transformer, one year of technical support and one year limited warranty.
This add-on requires a Windows PC, EASE Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 device and vehicle OEM data subscription(s).
Note: All controllers cannot be reflashed off-board. Some may require connections to other controllers during reflash.
Off-Board J2534 Reprogramming Process
With the EASE Off-Board J2534 reprogramming add-on you can use the EASE Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 compliant device to reprogram supported GM, Ford & Chrysler PCM/ECM controllers out of the the vehicle using the following process.
1) Select the vehicle in the EASE Off-Board Cable Selection Software.
2) Using the pin-out diagram from the EASE software, connect the specified EASE off-board cable to the vehicle powertrain controller’s connector pins and the EASE Off-Board J2534 Reprogramming Adapter (ORA).
3) Next connect the Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 pass-thru device to the ORA’s OBD II DLC port.
4) Plug the ORA’s power transformer into any wall outlet.
5) You are now set up for J2534 programming of the vehicle controller using the OEM’s J2534 software from their website (A data subscription to the vehicle manufacturer’s website is required).
Reprogram GM, Ford & Chrysler Powertrain Controllers Out Of The Vehicle
With the EASE Off-Board J2534 reprogramming add-on you can use the EASE Universal Reprogrammer II or other J2534 compliant device to reprogram supported GM, Ford & Chrysler PCM/ECM controllers out of the the vehicle *
General Motors and Saturn *
- 1996 - 2009 Powertrain flash reprogrammable controllers
- 2010 - 2013 Powertrain flash reprogrammable controllers NOT using Global A Architecture. Click here to see a list of unsupported Global A vehicles
- 2014 and newer not supported
Ford, Lincoln and Mercury *
- 1996 and newer Powertrain flash reprogrammable controllers
Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth and Jeep *
- 1996 and newer Powertrain flash reprogrammable controllers
* Manufacturer Reprogramming Data Subscription(s) Required.
* All controllers cannot be reflashed off-board. Some may require connections to other controllers during reflash.
What's In The Box
The following is included with the EASE Off-Board Reprogramming Add-on:
- GM J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 1
- GM J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 2
- GM J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 3
- Ford J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 1
- Chrysler J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 1
- Chrysler J2534 Advanced Universal Off-board Cable 2
- Off Board Reprogrammer Adapter
- Transformer 12 VDC 1.5A
- Cable Selection Software Installation CD (not shown)
- 1 Year of Technical Support By Phone or Email *
X OEM Data Subscriptions Not Included
X EASE Reprogrammer Assistant Software Not Included
* Our technical support team will help you with any problems you may have with the EASE Off-board Reprogramming set. An additional support fee will be charged if you require help obtaining OEM data subscriptions or with the actual programming process. Contact us for more information on this service.
This add-on requires an EASE Universal Reprogrammer II+ or other J2534 device, Domestic Vehicle OEM data subscription(s) and a Windows desktop, laptop or tablet PC.
1. J2534 Reprogrammer
This add-on can be used with the following J2534 Programming devices:
- EASE Universal Reprogrammer II+
- EASE Universal Reprogrammer II
- Drew Tech CarDAQ-Plus 2
- Drew Tech CarDAQ-Plus
- Drew Tech CarDAQ-M
- Snap-on Pass Thru Pro III
- Snap-on Pass Thru Pro II
- Bosch Flasher Pro
- Launch J-Box 2
- Launch J-Box
- ACTIA Passthru XS
- DG Technologies VSI-2534
- AEZ Flasher 2
- AEZ Flasher
- Other J2534 compliant interfaces - the software has been verified with the J2534 models listed above. It should work with any J2534 compliant device except for the models listed below.
X Will NOT work with:
- Cardone Flash 2
- SPX MVCI
- OTC Pegisys MVCI
- Bosch Mastertech VCI (M-VCI)
2. OEM Data Subscription
OEM Data Subscriptions are required for vehicle reprogramming. An OEM data subscription is purchased directly from the OEM's website. Subscription fees vary by OEM and have several payment options: per-vehicle, 24 hours, 72 hours, weekly, monthly, or annually. Below is the current 2-3 day subscription costs for GM, Ford & Chrysler.
- GM offers a 2 day subscription for $55.00
- Ford offers a 3 day subscription for $32.95
- Chrysler offers a 3 day subscription for $35.00
3. Windows PC that meets OEM and EASE Cable Selection Software PC Requirements
OEM Reprogramming Software PC Requirements
Each OEM has different PC requirements for their reprogramming software. Check with the OEM's website for details.
Click here to view Windows Operating System Support by Vehicle OEM. (Last updated Aug 2014)
Windows XP Users: GM and other OEMS have started to
discontinue support for Windows XP.
Windows 8 & 10 Users: Most OEMS do NOT support Windows 8 or 10.
Click here to view links to OEM reprogramming websites.
EASE Off Board Cable Selection Software PC Requirements
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10 (32 bit or 64 bit) **
Note: Most OEMS reflash software does not support Windows 8 or 10.
- Minimum Processor: Intel Dual Core Processor
Recommended Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz and above
- Minimum RAM: 2 G
Recommended RAM: 2 G and up
- 20 GB Hard Drive Space for installation
- CD-ROM/DVD Drive
- 1024 x 768 Graphics Card
- Internet Connectivity
- Email Account
- A valid e-mail address To Receive your Software Access Code
After you install the software on your PC, software access codes must be obtained from the EASE Access Code Web Site. These codes must be entered before the software can be used. You can get your access codes 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week at www.obd2code.com
** Note: Our software supports Windows 8 and 10 and 64 bit Windows OS but some OEM's reprogramming software only support Windows 7 and/or 32 bit Windows OS. Be sure to check the OEM's website for details. Click here to view links to OEM reprogramming websites.
Money Back Guarantee
This item is fully covered by our 30 Day Money-Back guarantee!
Try it for 30 Days and put it through the ringer. You be the judge. If this system doesn't deliver everything we've promised, just return it and we'll refund your purchase price.
One year of Technical Support is also included with your EASE purchase. So if you ever need help, you can contact our support department by calling our support line or by sending them an email
The item is covered by our limited 1 Year Warranty
"EASE warrants the supplied products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase."
EASE accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal and eChecks thru PayPal.
Your transaction is completely safe and secure. We have partnered with Authorize.Net to offer safe and secure credit card and electronic check transactions for our customers.